Operation in Dusty or Sandy Conditions.
Unit Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS) should be performed
a t daily intervals.
a. General. Dusty and sandy conditions can seriously reduce the effciency of the air conditioner by
clogging the air filter, mist eliminator, and coils. This will cause a restriction in the volume of airflow.
A c c u m m u l a t i o n of dust or sand in the condenser coil and/or in hte compressor compartment may cause overheating
of the refrigeration system. Dust or sand may alo clog the condensate trap and water drain lines.
N e v e r operate the air conditioner without having the air filters in place.
( 1 ) Shield the air conditioner from dust as much as possible.
(2) Take advantage of any natural barriers which offer protection.
(3) Limit the amount of dusty or sandy outside air introduced through the fresh air damper.
(4) Roll down and secure the fabric cover on the back of the cabinet during periods of shutdown.
( 1 ) Keep the air conditioner as clean as possible.
(2) Pay particular attention to the outside grilles, condenser, filters, mist eliminator, louvers, and
(3) In extreme conditions, daily cleaning of condenser, filters, and outside grilles maybe necessary.