TO REMOVE VALVE CORE, REMOVE CAPS, AND REMOVE CORES WITH A
STANDARD VALVE CORE REMOVAL TOOL BY TURNING COUNTER-CLOCK-
INSTALL CORES WITH TOOL BY TURNING CLOCKWISE.
nitrogen when making repairs, pulling a vacuum
on the system and system operating pressure
tests. The valves have a removable core. A hose
with valve core depressor must be used when serv-
icing, purging, pulling a vacuum or when con-
necting gauges for system operating pressure
(1) Refer to figure 3-6 and remove the fresh
air inlet screen.
(2) Refer to paragraph 3-24 and remove the
(3) Discharge the refrigerant system (para
6 - 4 ) .
(4) Refer to figure 5-20 and remove the suc-
tion and discharge service valves.
c. Repair. The service valves are repaired by
replacing the valve core. Refer to figure 5-20.
Note. The valve cores can be removed without re-
moving the valves. Discharge the refrigerant system
(para 63) before removing and replacing valve cores.
(1) Install the service valves in reverse
order of removal.
(2) Refer to paragraph 6-3 for soldering
(3) Pressure test, evacuate, and recharge
the refrigerant system (para 6-5).