part belongs. This is necessary since illustrations
are prepared for functional groups, and listings are
divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the illustration covering the
functional group to which the repair part belongs.
(3) Third. Identify the repair part on the il-
lustration and note the illustration figure and item
number of the repair part.
(4) Fourth. Using the Repair Parts Listing,
find the figure and item number noted on the il-
b. When the National Stock Number or Part
Number is Khown.
(1) First. Using the Index of National Stock
Numbers and Part Numbers, find the pertinent Na-
tional stock number or part number. This index is
in ascending NSN sequence followed by a list of
part numbers in ascending alphanumeric se-
quence, cross-referenced to the illustration figure
number and item number.
(2) Second. After finding the figure and ite
number, locate the figure and item number in the
repair parts list.