(10) The indenture, shown as dots appearing before the repair part, indicates that the item is a repair part of the
next higher assembly.
f. QTY (Column (6)). The QTY (quantity per figure) column indicates the quantity of the item used in the
breakout shown on the illustration/figure, which is prepared for a functional group, subfunctional group, or an assembly.
A "V" appearing in this column instead of a quantity indicates that the quantity is variable and may vary from application
4. EXPLANATION OF INDEX FORMAT AND COWMNS (SECTION IV).
a. NATIONAL STOCK NUMBER (NSN) INDEX.
(1) STOCK NUMBER Column . This column lists the NSN in national item identification number (NIIN)
sequence. The NIIN consists of the last nine digits of the NSN, i.e.
When using this column to locate an item, ignore the first four digits of the NSN. Use the complete NSN (1 3
digits) when requisitioning items by stock number.
(2) FIG. Column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located. The figures are
in numerical order in Section II and Section III.
(3) ITEM Column. The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the adjacent FIG.
column. This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.
b. PART NUMBER INDEX . Part numbers in this index are listed in ascending alphanumeric sequence (i. e.,
vertical arrangement of letter and number combinations which place the first letter or digit of each group in order A
through Z, followed by the numbers 0 through 9, and each following letter or digit in like order).
(1) CAGEC Column. The Commercial and Government Entity Code (CAGEC) is a 5-digit numeric code
used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency/activity that supplies the item.
(2) PART NUMBER Column. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, firm,
corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of its
engineering drawings, specifications, standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item or range of items.
(3) STOCK NUMBER Column . This column lists the NSN for the associated part number and manufacturer
identified in the PART NUMBER and CAGEC columns to the left.
(4) FIG. Column . This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located in Section II and
5) ITEM Column . The item number is that number assigned to the item as it appears in the figure referenced in
the adjacent figure number column.