PRESSURE RELIEF VALVE.
(1) Turn the selector switch to the "OFF" position and disconnect the air conditioner from the electrical power
(2) Refer to figure 3-13 and partially remove the junction box.
(3) Refer to figure 4-10 and inspect the pressure relief valve externally for obvious defects.
(4) Refer to paragraph 4-4c and check the pressure relief valve for refrigerant leaks. Refer to paragraph 4-4d
and repair any leaks found.
b. Replace. If damage or defects are found which could impair serviceability, replace the pressure relief valve.
Refer to steps c and d for removal of defective valve and the installation of a new valve.
(1) Refer to figure 4-2 and release refrigerant from the system.
(2) Refer to figure 4-10 and remove the pressure relief valve.
Use care in applying leak lock to the threads of the pressure relief valve so that
none of the material gets into the refrigerant system when the valve is installed.
(1) Apply leak lock (National Stock Number 8030-00-999-6313) or equivalent to the threads of the pressure
(2) Refer to figure 4-10 and install the pressure relief valve.
(3) Perform any further maintenance on refrigeration components required.
(4) If no further maintenance of refrigeration components is required, refer to paragraph 4-8 and purge the
(5) Refer to paragraph 4-4c and check the pressure relief valve and the dehydrator for refrigerant leaks.
Refer to paragraph 4-4d and repair any leaks found.
(6) Refer to figure 4-4 and evacuate the refrigerant system.
(7) Refer to paragraph 4-10 and charge the system with refrigerant.
(8) Refer to figure 3-13 and install the junction box.
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|