(10) Remove the two screws that attach the tube and plunger assembly to the valve body, remove the tube
and plunger assembly, and then all other removable internal components from the valve body.
(11 ) Remove the hardware that attaches the valve body to the housing.
(12) Debraze the joints of the refrigerant tubing from the valve body, and remove the valve body.
(1) Disassemble all removable components from the new valve.
(2) Install the flush bushings in the valve body. Be sure dry nitrogen is flowing through the system, then
position the valve body and braze the joints of the refrigerant tubing to the valve body.
(3) Secure the valve body to the housing with hardware and brackets shown on figure 5-9.
(4) Reassemble the internal components in the valve body and install the tube and plunger assembly, and
two attaching screws.
(5) Install the coil and connector assembly, and attaching nut on the valve body.
(6) Connect the connector plug.
(7) Replace the dehydrator. (See paragraph 5-28.)
(8) Leak test all newly connected joints and all tube connections in the area
(9) Secure the wires to existing harnesses with new plastic tie down straps or lacing cord.
(10) Install the top rear cover.
(11 ) Evacuate and charge the refrigerant system in accordance with paragraphs 5-13 and 5-14.
5-22. PRESSURE REGULATOR
The pressure regulator is located in the rear (compressor/condenser) compartment just below the actuating
cylinder. The pressure regulator is factory set at 68 psig and sealed so that it is not field adjustable.
a. Removal. See figure 5-10.
(1) Disconnect power at the power source.
(2) Remove the top front and rear covers.
(3) Discharge and purge the refrigeration system per paragraphs 5-9 and 5-10.
(4) Remove the screw, Iockwasher, clamp and post spacer.
(5) Debraze the two tube connections and remove the pressure regulator
(1) Slip the pressure regulator in place.
(2) Protect the pressure regulator from overheating during brazing operations. Direct the flame away
from the valve body and wrap the valve body with a wet rag.
(3) Braze the two joints in accordance with paragraph 5-11.