(2) Remove as much of the old gasket material as possible by pulling or scraping it away from the metal surface.
Figure 4-41. Cover, Evaporator Electrical Module
Acetone and methyl-ethyl ketone (MEK) are flammable, and their vapors can be
explosive. Repeated or prolonged skin contact or inhalation of vapors can be
toxic. Use a well-ventilated area, wear gloves, and keep away from sparks or
(3) Soften and remove old adhesive and gasket residue, using acetone or methyl-ethyl ketone (MEK) and a stiff
(4) Use only approved replacement material as specified in TM 5-4120-359-24P.
(5) EMI gasket material specified for this unit is supplied with adhesive backing.
(6) Cut gasket to size. Be sure that EMI gasket corners are installed so that good continuous edge contact is
(7) Be sure that surface to which gasket is to be applied is clean and free of paint and old adhesive material.
(8) Remove backing material from adhesive side and immediately press gasket in place. Be sure that good edge
to edge contact is made on the EMI gaskets.
(1) Place cover on box and line up holes.
(2) Using screwdriver, attach the cover with six screws and lock washers. Do not overtighten, it will cause
Follow-on Procedure: Install evaporator section electrical module assembly. (See paragraph 4-41.)
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|