General. The control panel is located in the upper left front corner of evaporator
section. The control module is mounted on the junction box by a long bolt with a slotted steel
knob. The function box and control module contain all of the electrical controls on the unit.
After the control module has been removed only
the defective component shall be removed.
Do not turn control module mounting bolt unless unit has
been disconnected from power source.
(1) Refer to paragraph 4-19 and remove the evaporator and inlet louver.
(2) Remove 2 screws and clamp holding thermocouple.
(3) Loosen mounting bolt, do not pull control module from unit.
(4) Slowly pull control module from junction box, as module clears unit feed
thermocouple lead through hole. Be careful to avoid kinking lead.
( 5 ) Remove control module from unit.
(1) Feed thermocouple through hole in junction box.
(2) Slide control module into junction box, tighten mounting bolt.
(3) Position thermocouple, secure with 2 clamps and screws,
(4) Refer to paragraph 4-19 and install front air inlet louver
CONTROL MODULE COMPONENTS,
General. The control module components consist of the compressor circuit breaker, mode
All components have the save inspection and test requirements. The compressor circuit breaker
is a safety device which provides overcurrent protection for the compressor. The control circuit
breaker provides protection for the DC control system.
Before removing any of the control module components check
Inspection and Test.
for loose connections, pitted contacts, and cracked or broken casings. Refer to wiring diagram
breaker in the ON position, or if a casing is broken or cracked, replace the circuit breaker.
(1) Compressor circuit breaker (CB - 1)
(a) T e s t i n g .
Check for loose connections, loose control knob and cracked or broken
Check for continuity with a multimeter.
If no continuity exists in either one of the two "ON" positions or if the casing is broken or
cracked, replace the circuit breaker. If knob is loose, tighten set screw. If knob is defective,