46. Starting Capacitor (figure 5)
(1) Remove the right-side and rear panel (para 39).
(2) Remove the screw from the compressor terminal cover and re-
(3) Tag and disconnect wiring from starting capacitor.
(4) Remove starting capacitor from clip using slight downward and
Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean the starting capacitor with a clean, dry cloth.
(2) Inspect the starting capacitor with a suitable capacitor
tester for continuity leakage, and capacitance. The capacitor is
rated 243 at 110 volts.
(3) Replace a defective starting capacitor.
(1) Connect wiring to starting capacitor.
(2) Position the compressor terminal cover and secure with screws.
(3) Snap start capacitor in spring bracket.
(4) Install right-side and rear panel (para 39).
(1) Remove the top, front, right and left panels (para 39).
(2) Remove electric leads.
(4) Remove the fan mounting bolts from the motor base.
(5) slide the condenser fan and evaporator fan from the motor
shaft as the rotor is lifted from the base.