Figure 55. Regulating
of operation, stop the unit and check the electrical
connection and solenoid valve coil (para 514).
(1) Discharge the refrigerant system p a ra
(2) Refer to figure 5-6 and remove the pres-
sure equalizer solenoid valve.
(1) Install the solenoid valve in reverse
order of removal.
(2) Pressure test, evacuate, and recharge
the refrigerant system (para 6-5).
5-16. Compressor Bypass and Pressure
Equalizer Solenoid Valve Repair
(1) Refer to figure 5-7 and disassemble the
compressor bypass or the pressure equalizer sole-
valve, removal and installation.
(2) Inspect all metal parts for cracks or
other damage. Replace a defective solenoid valve.
(3) Replace a defective or damaged coil.
(4) Replace a defective or damaged dia-
phragm and bonnet assembly.
(1) Assemble the compressor bypass or the
pressure equalizer solenoid valve in reverse order
(2) Install solenoid valve in body on air con-
ditioner (fig. 5-6).
Caution. Insure O-ring is properly posi-
tioned between body of valve and bonnet assem-
bly when installing.
5-17. Evaporator Expansion Valve
a. General. The evaporator expansion valve
controls the rate of flow of liquid refrigerant into