(6) Access to and sufficient headroom to allow removal of the front and rear top panels is necessary, if the
unit is to be serviced when installed.
(7) A source of 208 volt, 3 phase, 60 hertz input power rated at 9 amps. The power source outlet should
be located as near as possible to the installed location of the air conditioner. The power source wiring must
include a disconnect switch. However, provisions should be made to insure that power is not disconnected
during normal operation and that the disconnect is not used to turn off the air conditioner for normal shutdown,
(8) Check that no source of dangerous or objectionable fumes are near the fresh air intake.
(9) If possible make use of terrain features such as trees and buildings to provide a shaded location. This
minimizes the cooling load on the refrigeration system.
(10) If possible avoid a location where the condenser and fresh air intakes will be laden with dust, dirt,
soot, smoke or other debris.
4-6. AIR CONDITIONER PREPARATION FOR INSTALLATION
a. Two input power connectors are provided on the air conditioner. (See figure 4-1.) Connector J1 is located
on the front of the air conditioner above the control panel module, Connector J11 is located on the rear of the
air conditioner in the upper left corner. Determine which connector best suits your installation. If power source
is inside of conditioned area use J1. If power source is outside of conditioned area use J11.
(1) Air conditioners are shipped from the factory wired for the use of the J1 power connector. If this
connector is used no change is necessary. (See figure 4-2.)
(2) If the J11 connector is to be used leads X1B12A, X2B12B and X3B12C on terminal strip TB3 must be
moved from terminals 1, 2 and 3 to terminals 4, 5 and 6 respectively. Leads X4A12N on TB4 terminal 2 and
X43B12N on TB4 terminal 3 must be reversed.
(a) Remove the top covers from the air conditioner.
(b) Disconnect wire X1B12A from TB3 terminal 1 and reconnect it to terminal 4.
(c) Disconnect wire X2B12B from TB3 terminal 2 and reconnect it to terminal 5.
(d) Disconnect wire X3B12C from TB3 terminal 3 and relocate it to terminal 6.
(e) Disconnect wire X4A12N from TB4 terminal 2 and X43B12N from TB4 terminal 3. Reconnect
X4A12N to terminal 3 and X43B12N to terminal 2.
(f) If neutral is to be isolated from ground go to paragraph 4-6b below prior to installing top covers.
(g) Install the top covers.
b. If your installation requires isolation of neutral from ground the jumper between terminals 1 and 2 of TB4
must be disconnected. (See figure 4-3.)
(1) Remove the top covers.
(2) Remove the jumper beween terminals 1 and 2 on TB4.
(3) Place a tag on the air conditioner to indicate that the unit has been modified to remove the neutral
jumper between terminals 1 and 2 of TB4.
(4) Install the top covers.
c. Connectors are provided to permit remote installation of the control module. If it is determined that it is
desirable to mount the control module in a remote (mounted elsewhere in the conditioned space) location the
following steps must be taken. (See figure 4-4.)