5. HOW TO LOCATE REPAIR PARTS.
a. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Unknown:
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine the functional group within which the item belongs. This is
necessary since illustrations are prepared for functional groups and listings are divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the illustration covering the functional group to which the item belongs.
(3) Third. Identify the item on the illustration and note the illustration figure and item number of the item.
(4) Fourth. Using the Repair Parts Listing, find,the figure and item number noted on the illustration.
b. When National Stock Number or Part Number is Known:
(1) First. Using the Index of National Stock Numbers and Part Numbers, find the pertinent National Stock
Number or Part Number; This index is in NIIN sequence followed by a list of part numbers in alphanumeric
sequence, cross-referenced to the illustration figure number and item number.
(2) Second. After finding the figure and item number, locate the figure and item number in the repair parts