(4) FIG. column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located in
Sections II and III.
(5) ITEM column. The item number is that number assigned to the item as it appears in the figure
referenced in adjacent figure number column.
c. FIGURE AND ITEM NUMBER INDEX.
(1) FIG. column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located in
Section II and Ill.
(2) ITEM column. The item number is that number assigned to the item as it appears in the figure
referenced in the adjacent figure number column.
(3) STOCK NUMBER column. This column lists the NSN for the item.
(4) FSCM column. The Federal Supply Code for Manufacturer (FSCM) is a 5-digit numeric code
used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the
(5) PART NUMBER column. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual,
firm, corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of
the item by means of its engineering drawings, specifications standards, and inspection
requirements to identify an item or range of items.
5. SPECIAL INFORMATION.
a. USABLE ON CODE. The usable on code appears in the lower left corner of the Description column
heading. Usable on codes are shown as UOC: . . . . . in the Description Column (justified left) on the last
line applicable item description/nomenclature. Uncoded items are applicable to all models.
b. ASSOCIATED PUBLICATIONS. The publications listed below pertains to the Lubricating and
Servicing Unit and its components.
P u b l i c a t i on
Air Conditioner, Horizontal
6. HOW TO LOCATE REPAIR PARTS.
a. When National Stock Number or Part Number is NOT known.
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine the assembly group or subassembly group to
which the item belongs. This is necessary since figures are prepared for assembly groups
and subassembly groups, and listings are divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the figure covering the assembly group or subassembly group to which the item
(3) Third. Identify the item on the figure and note the item number.
(4) Fourth. Refer to the Repair Parts List for the figure to find the part number for the
item number noted on the figure.