(7) The usable on code, when applicable (see paragraph 5, Special Information).
(8) In the Special Tools List section, the basis of issue (BOI) appears as the last line(s) in the entry
for each special tool, special TM DE, and other special support equipment. When density of
equipments supported exceeds density spread indicated in the basis of issue, the total
authorization is increased proportionately.
(9) The statement END OF FIGURE appears just below the last item description in Column 5
for a given figure in both Section II and Section Ill.
(10) The indenture, shown as dots appearing before the repair part, indicates that the item is a
repair part of the next higher assembly.
f. QTY (Column (6)). The QTY (quantity per figure column) indicates the quantity of the item used in
the breakout shown on the illustration figure, which is prepared for a functional group, subfunctional
group, or an assembly. A "V" appearing in this column in lieu of a quantity indicates that the quantity is
variable and may vary from application to application.
4. EXPLANATION OF COLUMNS (SECTION IV).
a. NATIONAL STOCK NUMBER (NSN) INDEX.
(1) STOCK NUMBER column. This column lists the NSN by National item identification number
(NIIN) sequence. The NIIN consists of the last nine digits of the
NSN, i.e. (530501-574-1467).
When using this column to locate an item, ignore the first 4 digits of the NSN.
However, the complete NSN should be used when orderingitems by stock number.
(2) FIG. column. This column lists the number of the figure where the item is identified/located.
The figures are in numerical order in Section II and Section Ill.
(3) ITEM column. The item number identifies the item associated with the figure listed in the
adjacent FIG. column. This item is also identified by the NSN listed on the same line.
b. PART NUMBER INDEX. Part numbers in this index are listed by part number in ascending
alphanumeric sequence (i e. , vertical arrangement of letter and number combination which places the
first letter or digit of each group in order A through Z, followed by the numbers 0 through 9 and each
following letter or digit in like order).
(1) FSCM column. The Federal Supply Code for Manufacturer (FSCM) is a 5-digit numeric code
used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the
(2) PART NUMBER column. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual,
firm, corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the
item by means of its engineering drawings, specifications standards, and inspection
requirements to identify an item or range of items.
(3) STOCK NUMBER column. This column lists the NSN for the associated part number and
manufacturer identified in the PART NUMBER and FSCM columns to the left.