AIR CONDITIONER, HORIZONTAL, COMPACT
LOW PRESSURE CUTOUT SWITCH (LPCO) BYPASS INSTALLATION
Refrigeration Unit Service Tool Kit, WP 0000 00, Item
Remove Junction Box (WP 0036 00)
If the unit is to be operated in COOL mode at or below 0 degrees F (-17.8 degrees C),
ambient the low pressure cutout (LPCO switch (S5) must be jumped.
1. Tag and disconnect all wire leads from the low-pressure cutout switch (S5) terminal 2.
2. Tag and disconnect all wire leads from the high-pressure cutout switch (S4) terminal 2.
3. Connect the wire leads disconnected in step 1, from above, to the high-pressure cutout switch (S4) to terminal 2.
4. Connect the wire leads disconnected in step 2, from above, to the low-pressure cutout switch (S5) to terminal 2.
5. Remove tags.
6. Fabricate the CAUTION tag (as shown below) and place on the control panel to show that the low-pressure cutout
switch has been bypassed.
The air conditioner low-pressure cutout switch (S5) has been bypassed to permit
operation in COOL mode at temperatures below 0 degrees F. (-17.8 degrees C).
The compressor will not shut off under low suction pressure conditions.
Rewire the pressure cutout switches (S4 and S5) per the wiring diagram when the outside
air temperature increases to 40 degrees F (5 degrees C).
Install Junction Box (WP 0036 00)
END OF WORK PACKAGE