b. A quarterly interval is equal to three calendar months, or 250
hours of operation, whichever occurs first.
The instructions in this section are published for the information
and guidance of the operator to maintain the air conditioner.
a. Removal. The filters may be removed from either the top or
bottom of the unit depending upon its installation.
(1) Top Removal. Remove the evaporator section top panel (para
39) and remove the filter from its frame.
(2) Bottom Removal. Remove the gasket panel on the bottom of the
unit by, removing the screws and sliding the filter downward through the
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean the filter using a non-toxic solvent, and dry with com-
pressed air under a low pressure.
(2) Inspect the filter for openings, breaks, tears, and distort -
ion. Replace a damaged filter,.
(3) Spray the filter with a thin coat of oil after cleaning,
(1) Position the filter in its frame.
(2) Install filter with arrow on filter in direction of air flow.
(3) Install the evaporator section top panel (para 39) or bottom
panel as the case may be.
(4) Make sure the two rubber pads on the bottom of the filter are
still in place, otherwise, the filter will rest on the drain hole and
water will not drain.
a. Remove filter (para 28).
Remove the front panel (para 39).