fresh air opening in the bulkhead. Depending on the fresh air damper
location, the blower expels the air through a filter thus removing air-
born particles. Then the air is forced through the evaporator coil
which removes the moisture and heat. It is then distributed to the
conditioned space. The condenser fan draws the air from the outside
through the louvers and expels it through the condenser coil absorbing
the heat from the condenser coil.
(1) Remove the top, front, left and right panels from the unit
(2) Loosen and remove four fan motor mounting bolts.
(3) Loosen set screws in the condenser fan assembly and remove
fan assembly as motor is lifted from the motor base (para 47).
Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean the condenser fan assembly with cleaning solvent and
(2) Inspect for damaged or bent blades.
(3) Repair or replace a damaged fan blade.
(1) Position the fan assemblies on the motor shaft as the motor
is placed on its base.
Install and tighten four fan motor mounting bolts.
(3) Secure the fan assembly to the motor base with adjustments as
(4) Install the front, top, right and left panels (para 39).
Evaporator, Centrifugal Fan Impeller (figure 4)
(1) Remove the front panel from the unit (para 39).
(2) Loosen set-screw in tine centrifugal fan impeller