refer to paragraph 4-8 and purge the system.
(4) Refer to paragraph 4-4c and check the liquid line solenoid valve and/or the pressure equalizer solenoid
valve and the dehydrator for refrigerant leaks. Refer to paragraph 4-4d and repair any leaks found.
(5) Refer to figure 4-4 and evacuate the refrigerant system.
(6) Refer to paragraph 4-10 and charge the system with refrigerant.
(7) Operate the unit on "COOL" and check for refrigerant leaks around the newly installed solenoid valve and
dehydrator. Repair any leaks found.
a. Replace. The dehydrator must be replaced each time the refrigerant system is exposed to the atmosphere.
Refer to paragraphs b and c for the removal of the old dehydrator and the installation of a new dehydrator.
b. Removal. (See figure 4-16.)
(1) Refer to paragraph 4-8 and purge the refrigerant system.
(2) Refer to figure 4-16 and install a new dehydrator.
(3) Refer to paragraph 4-4c and check the dehydrator far refrigerant leaks. Refer to paragraph 4-4d and
repair any leaks found.
(4) Refer to figure 4-4 and evacuate the refrigerant system.
Figure 4-16. Removal and installation of dehydrator
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|