(6) Be sure filter is totally dry prior to installation.
(1) (Check the louver for general condition. Bent louvers can usually be straightened with the fingers.
Refer requirements for further repair or replacement to direct support.
(2) lnspect the filter for damage such as perforations or punctures in the screen and aluminum foil maze
that could permit passage of unfiltered air.
Inspect for areas of packed or crushed maze material that would obstruct airflow through the filter.
Check for deformation of the frame, and straighten if possible without crushing maze material.
Replace filter if crushed, punctured, badly deformed, or broken.
(1) Louvers. Apply a few drops of light oil to all pivot points and bearing surfaces of the louvers. Wipe or
blot up all excess oil with a cloth.
(2) Filter. Apply coater (Item 1, Section II, Appendix E) to the media in the filter element. Let dry and wipe
off excess coater.
(1) Air flow arrows should point away from louver.
(2) Place filter in retainer clips.
(3) Secure louver with screws and lock washers.
4-20. SUPPLY AIR LOUVER
The supply air louver is located on the upper right front corner of the unit.
Figure 4-12. Supply Air Louver
a. Removal. Remove the 6 screws and Iockwashers and pull the louver from the unit.