The liquid indicator (sight glass) is located in the rear (compressor/condenser) compartment. It can be seen
on the left rear outside face of the unit.
a. Removal. See figure 5-17.
Figure 5-17. Liquid Indicator
(1) Disconnect power at the power source.
(2) Remove the top rear cover.
(3) Discharge and purge the refrigeration system per paragraphs 5-9 and 5-10.
(4) Remove the screws, lock washers and mounting plate.
(5) Debraze the joints and remove the liquid indicator.
(1) Place the liquid indicator in the unit and align the tubing ends.
(2) Protect the liquid indicator from overheating during brazing operations, Direct the flame away from
the liquid indicator (sight glass) body and wrap the liquid indicator (sight glass) body with wet rags.
Braze the joints in accordance with paragraph 5-11.
Secure the liquid indicator with screws, lock washers and mounting plate.
Replace the dehydrator (See paragraph 5-28.)