(6) Slip the impeller off the extension shaft. If the impeller does not come off the shaft easily, do not hit or twist
the impeller. Impellers are easily damaged. Secure the free end of the extension shaft in a vice or similar tool. Using a
screwdriver through the impeller setscrew access opening, place tip between impeller hub and extension shaft shoulder
and twist screwdriver.
(7) If the extension shaft on the other fan is to be removed, go back to step (1).
(1) Check that shaft is straight and not cracked or broken. Replace if damaged.
(2) Check that shaft Is free of nicks and rough edges. Using abrasive cloth or hand file dress smaller nicks and
rough edges or burrs off of shaft. Replace if nick cannot be removed by sanding or filing.
(3) Check that setscrews are not lost. Replace if missing.
(1) For installation/alinement, see paragraph 4-23.
(2) If the extension shaft was removed from the other fan, go back to step 1, and install the other extension shaft.
Follow-on Procedure. Install fan and motor assembly. (See paragraph 4-21.)
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|