4-36. EXPANSION VALVE INSPECTION, TEST AND ADJUSTMENT
Preliminary Procedure: Remove air conditioner from shelter. (See paragraph 3-6.)
Supplies: Insulating tape
(1) Using screwdriver, remove eight screws from the outside edges of the front evaporator cover.
(2) Carefully slip front cover, with radio frequency filter and harnesses attached, out and to the side far enough to
gain access to the expansion valve.
(1) Inspect for evidence of leaks, kinked or otherwise damaged capillary line, and loose or missing valve stem
(2) Check thermal bulb to see that it is securely clamped to the suction line.
(3) If leak is suspected or indicated, test per paragraph 4-8.
(1) Unwrap the insulation from the evaporator coil suction line so that thermal sensing bulb is exposed.
Figure 4-34. Expansion Valve Inspection, Test and Adjustment
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|