(1) Using allen wrench, loosen two setscrews that hold extension shaft to motor shaft.
(2) Move extension shaft and impeller off of motor shaft as far as possible.
(3) Disconnect connector plug (P11) from motor connector (J11).
Figure 4-64. Motor (B2)
(4) While supporting motor, use socket and ratchet to remove four cap screws, lock washers, and flat washers.
(5) Carefully slip motor away from extension shaft and up and out of air conditioner.
b. Test (See paragraph 4-63.)
(1) Check motor to see that it rotates freely without excessive lateral end play.
(2) Check motor for evidence of overheating.
(3) Check connector J11 for loose, damaged, or missing pins.
d. Repair. Direct support maintenance repair of the condenser fan motor is limited to the replacement of the
electrical connector and the bearings. For further information on electric motor repair, refer to FM 20-31 (Electric Motor
and Generator Repair).
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|