CONDENSER LOUVER ACTUATOR
Removal. Remove actuator as follows:
Caution should be exercised with fluorocarbon refrigerant
gas as they can displace oxygen and thereby cause suffocation.
Personnel with a history or other evidence of cardiac
rhythm abnormalities should be made aware of the potential
for aggravation of existing cardiac rhythm abnormalities or
the induction of arrhythmias, as a result of exposure to
fluorocarbon refrigerant gases (freons). Such individuals
should be evaluated by local medical authorities before
working in environments where potential freon exposure
(1) Refer to paragraph 6-3 and discharge the refrigerant system.
(2) Refer to paragraph 4-18 and remove housing covers.
(3) Refer to figure 5-13 and loosen mechanical screw end to loosen control wire.
(4) Remove screw, lockwasher and loop clamp.
(5) Remove push-pull control assembly clips at each end and remove push-pull control.
(6) Disconnect flare nut from end of actuator cylinder.
(7) Remove two nuts and lockwashers (located inside fan housing) from bracket and
remove actuator cylinder. If cylinder is to be replaced, remove rivets and retain push-pull
control assembly brackets.
Install actuator cylinder as follows:
(1) Reinstall push-pull control assembly brackets on replacement cylinder.
(2) Install actuator cylinder (figure 5-13) with studs through openings in fan housing.
Install lockwashers and nuts on studs.
(3) Connect flare nut to actuator
(4) Install push-pull control clips to hold control in position.
(5) Adjust control as described below.
Before system is charged, adjust louver push-pull control as follows:
(1) Close louver blades and tighten screw in mechanical post to lock wire on that end.
(2) Extend actuator rod until there is a 1/4 inch space between inner edge of
mechanical post bracket and the face of the cylinder. Tighten the screw.
(3) Refer to paragraph 4-19 and install housing top covers.