(8) Connect sling to the four outside corner air conditioner lifting rings and the lifting equipment (wrecker).
(9) Take care that mounting hardware and resilient mounts, between air conditioner and mounting shelf, are not
damaged or lost. Lift the air conditioner slightly, and carefully move it away from shelter adapter enough to allow space to
disconnect power cable and remote control cable.
(10) Disconnect power cable and remote control cable from the front of the air conditioner. Do not remove cables
from shelter adapter duct.
Do not allow anyone under equipment suspending by a lifting device. Do not allow
the unit to swing while suspended from a lifting device.
(11) Lift the air conditioner off of the mounting shelf and place on transport carrier or on ground.
(12) Disconnect sling from air conditioner.
(13) Remove mounting hardware and resilient mounts from mounting shelf and retain for reuse, if they are in
(14) Install the fresh air duct and fresh air EMI screen when air conditioner is relocated. (See paragraph 3-13.)
Normally it is not necessary to remove the remote control assembly.
(15) When necessary, remove the remote control assembly from the inside of the shelter by loosening the four
captive screws and disconnecting the remote control cable.
(1) Check to see that all packing material and shipping pallet have been removed from the air conditioner and
remote control panel. Remove drain plugs or tape.
The unit weight (less shipping pallet) is 340 pounds (1662 kg). When lifting or
moving the unit on the shipping pallet, a forklift, or overhead lifting device may be
used. When removing the unit from the shipping pallet, or lifting the unit into
position, an overhead lifting device must be used.
(2) See paragraph 3-5 for general information pertaining to site preparation and additional items required for
installation that are not provided with the air conditioner.
(3) Check to see that power cable and remote control cable have been inserted through the air conditioner to
shelter adapter. Place them so that they will not be damaged when the air conditioner is lifted into position.
(4) Check to see that power to air conditioner power cable has been turned off/disconnected.
(5) Remove the fresh air duct and fresh air EMI screen. (See paragraph 3-13.)
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|