(5) If the grommet is to be reused, remove it from the coil assembly.
(6) Be sure that the refrigerant has been discharged.
(7) Remove the two screws that attach the tube and plunger assembly to the valve body, remove the tube and
plunger assembly, and then all other removable internal components from the valve body.
(8) While purging system with nitrogen, debraze the tubing from the body. See paragraphs 4-6 and 4-7.
Note the arrow direction of flow on valve body.
(9) Using screwdriver, remove two screws, lock washers, and flat washers and remove the valve body.
(1) Disassemble all removable components from the new valve.
Step (2) applies only to the L1 solenoid valve.
(2) Install the flush bushings in the valve body.
(3) Position the valve body in the unit. See arrow on valve body and figure 4-74 for proper installation.
(5) Apply locking compound, item 15, Appendix E, to solenoid valve mounting screw threads.
(6) Using screwdriver, secure valve body to mounting bracket with two screws, lock washers, and flat washers.
(7) Reassemble the internal components in the valve body and install the tube and plunger assembly, and two
(8) Remove and discard grommet supplied with coil.
(9) Install replacement grommet in coil.
(10) Cut solenoid valve coil leads to 6.00 ± 0.25 inches (15.24 ± 0.63 cm) long.
(11) Install quick disconnect terminal lugs on ends of both leads.
(12) Slip the coil assembly and data plate onto the body tube and plunger assembly.
(13) Using wrench, secure the coil with a nut.
(14) Connect leads to disconnect splices.
(15) Replace the dehydrator. (See paragraph 4-73.)
(16) Leak test all newly connected joints and all tube connections in the area. (See paragraph 4-8.)
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|