j. Leak test, evacuate, and charge the system (para 74).
77. Evaporator Coil
(1) Remove the top, left, and right panels (para 39).
(2) Release refrigerant charge (para 74).
(3) Remove air filter (para 28).
(4) Disconnect lines and tubes from the evaporator coil (para 75).
(5) Remove mounting screws at base of the coil, on the right side
of the coil, and from the frame.
(6) Lift the evaporator coil from the unit.
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean the evaporator coil by directing compressed air under
low pressure through the fins.
(2) Inspect the evaporator coil for signs of leakage or damage.
(3) Repair or replace a leaking or damaged evaporator coil.
(1) Place the evaporator coil in the unit and secure with all
mounting screws (figure 5).
(2) Connect all lines and tubes (para 75).
(3) Leak test, evacuate, and charge the refrigerant system (para
(4) Install top, left, and right panels (para 39).
78. Condenser Coil
(1) Remove the top, left, right, and rear panels (para 39).
(2) Release the refrigerant charge (para 74).
(3) Remove condenser fan housing mount screws and remove the fan
housing (figure 4).