(1) Inspect for missing or loose attaching hardware, damaged parts and excessive corrosion. Replace
missing hardware and damaged parts. Tighten loose hardware and clean or repair parts as indicated.
(2) See paragraphs 4-34 through 4-36 for inspection/testing of wiring harness and individual
(1) If wiring harness was disconnected from the unit, see the wiring diagram figure 4-5 and tags and
connect wire leads and connectors. Remove the tags.
(2) Carefully slide the junction box into place and secure with seven screws and lock washers.
(4) Install the top front cover.
(5) Connect power at power source.
4-34. JUNCTION BOX WIRING HARNESS
Disconnect input power from the air conditioner before performing maintenance on any part of the
electrical system. The voltages used can be lethal.
(1) Disconnect power at power source.
(3) Remove the top front cover.
(4) Remove seven screws and lock washers and carefully slide the junction box out of the unit.
(1) Inspect the connector for loose, damaged or missing pins. Replace if defective.
(2) Check individual wires for loose solder connections, loose terminal lugs, cut or frayed insulation, cut
or broken wires.
c. Removal. Tag and disconnect the individual wires and connectors from the unit. (See figure 4-26.)
d. Testing. Sea the wiring diagram figure 4-5. Continuity test the individual wires. Replace or repair wires
with no continuity.
(1) See paragraph 4-26 for general wire repair instructions.
(2) See table 4-3 Wire List for wire lengths and terminal information when individual wires are replaced.