Continuity testing does not necessarily predict the behavior of capacitors under
load. If the filter still does not operate properly after passing the continuity test,
substitute a filter known to be good.
(1) Connect the P8 plug and harness to the J8 connector on the back side of the filter.
(2) Using a screwdriver, socket and ratchet, attach the remote control harness connector (J7) and connector
gasket to the front evaporator cover with four screws and lock nuts.
(4) Using a screwdriver, install the two bottom screws in the cover and radio frequency filter.
(5) Using a screwdriver, attach the chain ends for the protective connector cap and cover when the two top radio
frequency filter mounting screws are installed.
(6) Line up screw holes in cover and air conditioner housing.
(7) Using screwdriver, install cover with eight screws.
Follow-on Procedure: Install air conditioner on shelter. (See paragraph 3-6.)
4-18. EMI SCREENS
a. Removal/Installation. For removal/installation, see the following paragraph references as applicable:
Evaporator return EMI screen
Evaporator discharge EMI screen
Fresh air EMI screen
Condenser inlet EMI screen
Condenser discharge EMI screen
(1) Check that screen frame is not bent, dented, or mashed. Replace if damaged.
(2) Check that honeycomb area is not crushed, dented, pierced, or torn. Replace if damaged.
(3) Check that gaskets are not loose, torn, or missing. Replace screen if gaskets are damaged.
(4) Check that screen is not clogged with dirt or other material that would block free air flow thru screen. Clean
screen if dirty or clogged.
(1) Wash screens in a mild detergent and water solution. If possible, use a large flat pan. Move screen up and
down so that water is forced thru the honeycomb to dislodge dirt.
(2) Rinse thoroughly in clear water.
(3) Shake out excess water prior to installation.
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|