If any refrigeration piping was disconnected with the compressor being replaced,
transfer the piping to the replacement compressor before installing it in the air
(1) Side compressor into condenser housing.
(2) Install compressor mounting hardware per paragraph 4-87.
(3) Wrap wet rags around compressor at connection points and while brazing direct flame away from
(5) Replace the dehydrator. (See paragraph 4-73.)
(6) Connect electrical connector plug (P10) to connector J10) on compressor terminal box.
(7) Leak test all newly connected joints and those in the repair area. (See paragraph 4-8.)
Follow-on Procedures: 1. Install left end condenser cover. (See paragraph 3-27.)
2. Install top condenser cover. (See paragraph 3-25.)
3. Install air conditioner on shelter. (See paragraph 3-6.)
4-89. CONDENSER HOUSING ASSEMBLY INSPECTION
a. Check for broken welds, badly bent or dented parts, and cracked or broken parts.
b. Check that plate nuts and blind nuts are in place and secure.
Refer repairs to general support maintenance.
4-90. ELECTRICAL MODULE ASSEMBLY, CONDENSER SECTION (REMOVAL/INSTALLATION)
Preliminary Procedures: Disconnect power.
Change 2 4-183
|Integrated Publishing, Inc.|